Edinburgh EH14 4AS
Did you know that almost 50% of all food waste comes from households?
Let’s do something to reduce this statistic!
This cooking class is ran by Food Sharing Edinburgh and it is a fun and interactive class with trained cooking tutors keen to show students how to cook healthy meals with no-waste cooking techniques. You will learn three simple and versatile recipes that will build your confidence in cooking good food AND reduce your food waste in hall.
This class will focus on two star ingredients, squash and pear. Both are currently in season and super delicious.
- There will be two professionally trained tutors and no more than five students per class. Book your space to avoid disappointment!
- The class runs from 6 to 8 pm in the chaplaincy kitchen. But do come a few minutes early to meet your tutors and maybe have a cuppa before you start.
- At the end of the class, you will receive a goodie bag with no-waste recipe cards.
- You will have the chance to taste your food together with the rest of the group and cooking tutors. And while you’re enjoying your edible creations together why not have a bit discussion about food waste?
What do you need to bring:
- Enthusiasm for food! And we mean good food that is healthy for you.
- Interest in learning more about food sustainability and food waste.
- Some Tupperware for the left-over!
Please book your space in advance to avoid disappointment by emailing Transition email@example.com .
If you have dietary requirements, please do inform us in advance to ensure our cooking tutors are fully aware of your requirements.