Did you know that almost 50% of all food waste comes from households?
Let’s do something to reduce this statistic!
The cooking class is ran by Food Sharing Edinburgh and is a fun and interactive class with trained cooking tutors who are keen to show students how to cook healthy meals with no-waste cooking techniques. You will learn three simple and versatile recipes that will build your confidence in cooking good food AND reduce your food waste in hall.
- There will be two professionally trained tutors and no more than five students per class. Book your space to avoid disappointment!
- The class runs from 6 to 8.30 pm in the chaplaincy kitchen. But do come a few minutes early to meet your tutors and maybe have a cuppa before you start.
- At the end of the class, you will receive a goodie bag with no-waste recipe cards.
- You will have the chance to taste your food together with the rest of the group and cooking tutors. And while you’re enjoying your edible creations together why not have a bit discussion about food waste?
What do you need to bring:
- Enthusiasm for food! And we mean good food that is healthy for you.
- Interest in learning more about food sustainability and food waste.
- Some Tupperware for the left-over (if there are any 🙂 )
Please book your space in advance to avoid disappointment by emailing Transition email@example.com .
If you have any food allergens, please do inform us in advance to ensure our cooking tutors are fully aware of your requirements.